DORKING RUGBY NOW WELCOMING NEW PLAYERS AT EVERY LEVEL.
Formed in 1921, Dorking RFC is a leading Surrey rugby club. Years of dedication and hard work on and off the pitch have been rewarded. We have experienced significant levels of success for Dorking Rugby Football Club and building a great community atmosphere that draws in regular crowds. Throughout the club, Dorking ideals reflect the RFU’s core values of:
RESPECT, DISCIPLINE, TEAMWORK, ENJOYMENT and SPORTSMANSHIP
We are ambitious; we have a strong community ethos,we are commited to rugby for everyone at every age.
We pay to play but our members say that our memberships provide fantastic rugby experience worth many times the money paid.
Dorking has been home to some fantastic professional players, to include George Kruis, Eliott Daly, Kay Wilson, Greg Bateman, Cameron Cowell, Tom Bristow, Jake Cooper-Wolley.
If you'd like to join us and follow in their footsteps, just fill in the form and we will be in touch.
WHY CHOOSE TO PLAY AT DORKING?
The Place to Play
• Fully inclusive Club for all abilities
Every player is important
• Player Pathway for rugby and personal development
• Great Social Atmosphere
• Training and post-match meals
• 10% Discount at bar and kitchen
• Funded player socials and bar specials.
• Pre-season Training Tours – Many Club funded
With a focus on quality
• Professional coaching inc Level 3 Coaches and guest coaches.
• Strength and conditioning staff and individual programmes.
• Quality Medical team at games and training nights
• RFU Accredited Club and RFU Best Practices
And great facilities
WHAT’S IN IT FOR US?
• Playing the game in the National League 2 East.
• Weekly fielding three senior teams plus Vets team
• Training every Tuesday and Thursday
• Great youth development programmes to support the transition into senior rugby
• Mixed Touch Rugby – Wednesday nights.
The combined efforts of our 1st XV, A XV and ExA XV, strong support team of coaches, physios, supporters and sponsors, have made DRFC one of the top amateur clubs in the country.
A XV - Playing in Zoo Sports Shield - Division 3 W
Ex A XV (Dirty Birds) Playing in Surrey Merit East Conference
Dorking launched Women’s Rugby in 2018 with an Inner Warrior event and over the years over 100 women have tried Rugby for the first time.
With the bulk of our players being entirely new to the sport start with learning essential skills and playing Touch Rugby.
Rugby is a fun, yet alternative way to get fit, learn new skills and make new friends. We are actively seeking new players - no prior experience is necessary, and neither age nor lack of fitness are considered valid excuses!
Training takes place every Wednesday evening at The Big Field from 7.30 pm to 9.00 pm.
TO JOIN PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
WHY CHOOSE DORKING YOUTH RUGBY
• Fully inclusive Club for all abilities - every player is important
• Player Pathway for rugby and personal development
• RFU Qualified Coaches in every Age Group
• DBS Screened Coaches
• RFU Accredited Club & RFU Best Practices
• Competitive subscriptions with multi-child discounts
• Home of Dorking Festival with over 1,000 kids attending
• Summer & Easter Holiday Rugby Camps
• Annual Tours
• Qualified Physio on-site & First Aiders
• Expansive pitches & newly refurbished clubhouse
• Plentiful Parking
• Professionally run catering with great coffee and the best bacon butties
All Children - U6-U11 or Reception - Y6
Kids First Rugby starts from reception school-age for boys and girls and its all about FUN and learning. TAG Rugby (non-contact) is played through to U8s with a graduated introduction to contact starting at U9s. The sessions take place from 10am on Sundays and vary in length, with u5's to u7's finishing at 11am, u8's to u10's till 1130 and u11's till 1145. All Kids welcome.
Colts (U18/U17combined) and U16-U12
Junior Rugby is from U12 - U18s on Sunday mornings from 10 till aprox 1230 and is the full contact game. As well as on Sunday's, the Youth Development Programme starts with evening training every Tuesday from 7.15 - 9pm for U14 - U18 run by our Youth Transition Manager and Level 3 Coach Benji Wroblewski
Junior Rugby from U12s - U14s is contact and a transition to the 15-a-side game. Teams have mixture of training, friendlies and competitive Waterfall Cups. U15 and above play the full 15-a-side game and also compete in the Quins Cup.
Girls can continue with mixed rugby through to Y6 but some choice to move to girls rugby at Y5 & Y6 so we now run an U11s section.
Girls Rugby is the fastest growing sport in the UK, Dorking now runs U11s, U13s, U15s, U18s all girls sections. Each age group combines two school years so U11s can Y5 & Y6.
We play in a number of Values Festivals organised by Surrey Rugby, as well as their Waterfall Cup competitions. We also enter teams into other club run tournaments/festivals and arrange friendlies/joint training sessions.
There is a summer programme on Wednesday evenings for the U14's, U16's & U18s - fitness/strength & conditioning until 20 July and then pre-season training until the start of the new season.
During the rugby season:
- Girls train from 10 am to 12 noon on Sundays and from 6.15 - 7.30 pm on Wednesday evenings.
- The U14 and U16 girls can attend the YDP (Youth Development Programme) on Tuesday evenings.
- The Colts (Girls) can attend the CDP (Colts Development Programme) on Monday nights.