Dorking Kids First Rugby
DRFC Kids First Sponsor:
Welcome to Dorking Mini Rugby section, now renamed Kids First Rugby due to the pledge we have taken to put the kids first in everything we do. We meet every Sundays from 10am at the Big Field, Brockham, RH3 7LZ. The sessions vary in length, with u5's and u7's finishing at 11am, u8's to u10's till 1130 and u11's till 1145. We have been running youth rugby for over 35 years and have over 500 youth members. We are always happy to welcome new members, so why not come down for a Free session. It doesn't matter whether your child has played before. Some weeks we have away fixtures against other clubs.
We have been running youth rugby for over 35 years and have over 500 youth members. We are always happy to take new members, so why not come down for a Free session. It doesn't matter whether your child has played before.
Rugby starts from reception school-age children for boys and girls and its all about FUN and learning. TAG Rugby is played through to U8s with contact starting at U9s. Boys and Girls welcome.
Dorking Kids First Rugby provides the perfect pathway for boys and girls to learn rugby through the RFU guidelines from an introduction to rugby at the younger levels with TAG RUGBY through to the introduction of contact at U9 levels and working their way to 15-a side game in the junior section.
U5-U11s - Reception - Y6
Dorking have taken the pledge to follow England Rugby’s Kids First Rugby.
Quilter Kids First is our new approach to rugby at U7-U13 at clubs and schools across the county. It’s all about helping children develop and learn the game at their own pace, and making sure they have plenty of fun while playing. We’re asking rugby centres across the country to take the pledge to commit to a range of high quality standards. We are asking clubs and schools to commit to:
· Put children at the heart of everything we do and all decisions we make.
· Encourage fun on the pitch, through equal opportunity and realistic expectations of our children.
· Develop children’s confidence and character as players and as people, challenging any behaviour that conflicts with this.
· Build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy, respectful & enjoyable environment for children.
· Champion rugby’s Core Values, inspiring a lifelong bond between children, adults and our sport.
|Kids First Chair||Colin Woodsemail@example.com|
|Kids First Vice Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kids First Fix Sec||Andy Powellemail@example.com|
|Safeguarding Officer||Jools Chingfirstname.lastname@example.org||07779 670206|
|Youth Head Physio|
|Youth Chair||Ryan Geereemail@example.com|
|Youth Secretary||Lynn Adamsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Why Choose Dorking for your child's Start in Rugby?
- Fully inclusive Club for all abilities - every player is important
- Player Pathway for rugby and personal development
- RFU Qualified Coaches in every Age Group
- DBS Screened Coaches
- RFU Accredited Club & RFU Best Practices
- Old Mutual Wealth Kids First Rugby
- First Aiders & Qualified Physio on-site
- Expansive pitches & newly refurbished clubhouse
- Plentiful Parking
- Professionally run catering with great coffee and the best bacon butties
- Competitive subscriptions with multi-child discounts
Events and Tours
- Home of Dorking Festival with over 1,000 kids attending
- Summer Holiday Rugby Camps
- Annual Mini and Youth Tours
Age Group Contacts
Age Group Manager
|U5 & U6semail@example.com||Amy Lamacraft||Mark Price||Reception & Y1|
|U7sfirstname.lastname@example.org||Mel Miller||George Daniels||Y2|
|U8email@example.com||Verity Ketteringham||Colin Woods and Richard Bishop||Y3|
Dom Jones , Fred Gay
|U10firstname.lastname@example.org||Tristan Newton||Steve Ullman||Y5|
|U11email@example.com||Mark Justice||Ian Monk||Y6|