Mini & Youth Venues -19/02/17
Team Venue Team Venue
Minis Home Training U15 Home Training ½ Pitch 4
U12A Home E&L (F) Pitch 5 U16 Home Training Pitch 2
U12B Home E&L (F) Pitch 5 Colts Away
U13A Home Training ½ Pitch 3&4 Girls U13 & U15 Away
U13B Home Training ½ Pitch 3&4 Girls U18 Away
U14 Home Redingensians (F) Pitch 6 CR3&4 Car Parking Duties U12s
Why choose Dorking for your Child's Rugby?
- Fully inclusive Club for all abilities - every player is important
- RFU Qualified Coaches in every Age Group
- DBS Screened Coaches
- RFU Accredited Club & RFU Best Practices
- Player Pathway for rugby and personal development
- First Aiders & Qualified Physio on-site
- Expansive pitches & newly refurbished clubhouse
- Plentiful Parking
- Professionally run catering with great coffee and the best bacon butties
- Bar open every Sunday from 12
- Competitive subscriptions with multi-child discounts
- Home of Surrey 'A' Festival with over 2,000 kids attending
- Summer Holiday Rugby Camps
- Annual Mini and Youth Tours
- Over 60% of Senior 1st XV playing in National 2 South League came through Youth & Mini Section
- International stars George Kruis, Elliot Daly & Kay Wilson started at Dorking as well as Jake Cooper-Wolley - England Saxons and numerous Premiership players.
We will be teaching your children the core values of Rugby:
TEAMWORK - RESPECT - ENJOYMENT - DISCIPLINE - SPORTSMANSHIP
Want to find our more download our New to Rugby At DRFC Guide - for Parents and Coaches
Or contact the youth (Costs - U13) or mini chair (U12-U5).
|Julian Ching||Youth Chairman||YouthRugby@dorkingrfc.com||07779 670206|
|Leo Kane||Mini Chairman||MiniRugby@dorkingrfc.com||07720 765955|
|Martyn Evans||Youth Fixture Secfirstname.lastname@example.org||07841 695513|
|Pip Merrett||Age Group Manageremail@example.com||07976 742421|
|Richard Simpson||Mini Fixture Secretary||MiniFixtures@dorkingrfc.com||07767 465899|
YOUTH AND MINI RUGBYCONTACT THE YOUTH SECTION BY EMAIL YouthRugby@dorkingrfc.com
"WHERE WE DEVELOP OUR RUGBY STARS OF THE FUTURE"
Kids First Rugby
Dorking have taken the pledge to follow England Rugby’s Kids First Rugby.
Old Mutual Wealth Kids First is our new approach to rugby at U7-U13 at clubs and schools across the county. It’s all about helping children develop and learn the game at their own pace, and making sure they have plenty of fun while playing. We’re asking rugby centres across the country to take the pledge to commit to a range of high quality standards. We are asking clubs and schools to commit to;
· Put children at the heart of everything we do and all decisions we make.
· Encourage fun on the pitch, through equal opportunity and realistic expectations of our children.
· Develop children’s confidence and character as players and as people, challenging any behaviour that conflicts with this.
· Build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy, respectful and enjoyable environment for children.
· Champion rugby’s Core Values, inspiring a lifelong bond between children, adults and our sport.
Youth Section (U13-U18)
Youth Rugby is from U15 - U19s and is the contact full 15-a-side game. To join then please contact your Age group:
Colts ( U18s)
Mini Section (U5 – U12)
Mini rugby is a transitional form of rugby with each year new skills being introduced. Upto and including U8s is non contact Tag rugby and U9s the tackle is introduced, U10s the maul and scrum are introduced.
Please head to the mini page to find out more.