Roux Report | Friday 6th September
Good Morning All,
Welcome back to the rugby season where tomorrow, we will be getting back into the swing of things. I know all the players are keen to get some game time as they have been slogging away since 1st July in anticipation of September rugby.
Our Mini and youth section have already had a head start with training last Sunday, and I know everyone is very excited about this coming Sunday's rugby starting "officially".
On Tuesday 10th September we also start out YDP program for 2019/2020 with some new coaches joining the fold and 80+ players already showing interest to join. Exciting times.
So its all systems go which is fantastic.
The seniors have 2 weeks of games under their belt to date with respective victories over OR's and Camberley. Tomorrow will be a real test for our 1's playing recently relegated Guernsey, while our 2's will be playing Chipstead 1s.
1's vs Guernsey - 2.30pm KO HOME
2's vs Chipstead 1's - 2pm KO HOME
We have had a lot of new faces joining Dorking over the summer with players and staff joining us as a result of our great community rugby club reputation and others returning from longer term injuries or studies.
Returning players from more than a season out of the game are -
- Cameron Pimlow,
- Elliot Awin
- James Catton (Who also became a father yesterday to lovely Barnaby- congrats James & Harriett)
- Jonny Ellis & Olly Rathbone will be back by Christmas from long term injuries as well.
New faces we are welcoming into our family are:
- Toby McCrae - Returning Dorking youth player
- Callum McConnochie - Callum Watson & Joel Grant's Mate
- Tom Nairn - Callum Watson & Joel Grant's Mate
- Kelvin Caruth - South African/Irish import from Horley
- Tom Powell - Kelvin's Brother-in-law
- Fred Dalton - Ex Youth player now finally finished with his masters
New Coaches, Conditioning and Medical staff:
- Lee Cholewa - Ex DoR at Sutton & Epsom now appointed as backs and skills coach
- Neil Haynes - 3rd team Coach Taking over the reigns from Mike Dobson (Who has been a absolute stalwart for the club over the years - Thanks Mike) - Neil is supported by group of players too.
- Daniel McKenzie - Lead S&C coach with wealth of club and provincial experience (Thanks to Jason for his hard work over the years)
- Lauren Johnson - 1st Team Physio (Replacing Kathrine Fowler who has decided to take a step back - thanks for your effort Kitty, appreciated)
- Dan Chorley - Dedicated 3's Physio and also brother in law of Tight head prop Ben Edwards
The boys have trainined hard and really please for the squads to go out and express themselves tomorrow. Please see the 2 teams for tomorrow below.