A massive ‘thank you’ to all of our club supporters who have thus far donated to and carried out Medical & Rehab Gym Project. It’s been fantastic to see the levels of dedication, effort and inclusion, club-wide!
Member fundraising, has seen ‘Booze Barrows’ raffled off by senior players, Santa Sacks raffled at the Christmas party, cakes and sweets galore being sold by the minis, youth and girls sections, kids rattling donation buckets at World Cup screenings and club events being organised to generate funds. The ‘Buy a Brick, Build a Legacy’ campaign has seen people well and truly adding to the foundations of the future of our club.
We’ve seen incredible effort put into generating local company donations and successful bids, to include the London Marathon Charitable Trust, Sport England, and Awards for All. And of course we’ve received generous personal donations from members and friends of the Club. We’re also very excited about the planned fundraising from Sherree Valentine-Daines’ art project.
We are not at the stage where we have confirmed donations of £110,000 with a further committed total of £111,500, and now is the time to push, push, push! We’re grateful for contributions large and small, and there are several ways you can get involved:
- If you wish to make a donation we accept cheques or you can pay directly into the club’s deposit account, referencing your surname and ‘medic’. Contact email@example.com for bank details. Don’t forget if you are a taxpayer your funding can be gift aided, allowing the club to reclaim a further 20% of the value of your support from the Government.
- Buy a Brick, Build a Legacy by collect a form from the bar, or downloading an order form online. Again, Gift Aid applies.
- Use smile.amazon.co.uk and choose Dorking Rugby Football Club Limited as your charity of choice when online shopping. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases at no extra cost to you.
- Investigate ‘company giving schemes’ and potential for charitable business donations for local charities. If you think you can help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This development will benefit all club members whether playing non-playing, senior, youth, mini, male or female. In addition to general improvements to the general infrastructure of the building, enhancements will include:
- A new medical facility providing enhanced player welfare across all age groups; and additional treatment rooms and qualified staff that will enable more players to be seen more quickly, as well as giving the ability to treat minis, youth, seniors, male and female players at the same time.
- A rehabilitation and conditioning gym for faster player recovery from injury, better conditioning of youth and senior players to reduce the potential for injury in the first instance, the capacity to hold separate age group sessions dependent upon ability and safety guidelines.
- Enhanced accessibility by way of no-step viewing balcony, new entrance and accessible washroom facilities to accommodate less able spectators.
Additional clubhouse enhancements will ensure the clubhouse not only continues to, but also improves upon the facilities that are used by the local community, both Dorking RFC members and to Dorking organisations that host a wide range of events meetings and additional sports, leisure and arts programmes.
So… let’s all pull together and do this!